Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Response to a Discussion About People's Favorite MSNBC Commentators and Whether They Miss Keith

I know it's more interesting to have right wing guests once in awhile to stir up the pot and make the shows more interesting, but Ann Coulter? Ann F--king Coulter?
I'm sorry, but Lawrence went down a couple of notches in my book when I turned on the show one night 2 or 3 weeks ago, and his guest was ... Ann F--king Coulter!
Sorry for the repetition, but I just can't quite get over it. Ann Coulter, the same creature who referred to the 9/11 widows as greedy charlatans or something like that?
I'm surprised that she hasn't joined the Westboro Baptist Church. (She hasn't, has she?)
There's also one thing about Keith that no one has mentioned. Were it not for Keith, MSNBC wouldn't have either Rachel or Lawrence as commentators. It might well not have Ed or Cenk either because they only arrived after Keith had singlehandedly converted MSNBC into a bastion of liberalism. (Remember when one of their daily hosts was Michael Savage?)
I prefer Cenk now for the purely selfish reason that I happen to agree with virtually everything he says, particularly when he gets pissed off at the administration and congressional Democrats (which he does every day) for being such spineless capitulators to the fanatical right wing mendacity machine.
I completely agree with whoever wrote that Rachel is great when she's serious, but she can really be annoying when she tries to be cutesy.
I'm also a huge fan of Chris' because I had the privilege of meeting him once, and he was very friendly, genuine, and easy to talk to. No phony airs about him at all, although, needless to say, I did not survive the conversation without getting interrupted.
But I really do miss Keith a lot. He is so clever, and the show was so well produced, and the worst persons segment was absolutely hilarious.
So that's my take, FWIW.
Ann F--king Coulter??? ...

No comments:

Post a Comment